Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 2.5.1 - Problem with Campus Data Collection

nuria.andres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with one device in the CiscoWorks LSM 2.5.1. I discover this device, without problems with de "device discovery" in the campus Manager. However, I don?t get to collect this device for the Campus Manager, through the option "Campus Data Collection".

I am sure, that the collector filters are ok, however it doesn?t work. Can I collect manually this device?.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Nuria

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot add devices manually into Campus Manager. This problem really sounds like a Data Collection filter problem. Double-check the Campus Data Collection filters under Campus Manager > Administration > Campus Data Collection > Data Collection Filters and make sure you don't have anything configured there (or if you do, that this device is allowed).

As a last-ditch effort, you can try reinitializing the ANI database by shutting down dmgtd, and running:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl -restore

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What is the device type? It is possible that it is not supported in the version of Campus Manager that you are running.

It?s a chassis 7507 and it is supported.

In spite of, I can?t collect this device to the campus manager, this router has appeared in the RME. And, I am getting logs from this router.

So, I don?t know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you very much.

Nuria

How are you determining that the device is not in Campus Manager?

Because, it doesn?t appear in the group "all devices" from the Campus Manager.

Besides, it doesn?t appear in the list of devies, result doing the campus data collection.

Thank you very much

Nuria

Try enabling core and corex debugging under Campus Manager > Administration > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then run a new Data Collection. Check the ani.log for references to your missing device's hostname and IP address(es).

Ok, I have done it and it doesn?t appear, neither IP, nor hostname in the log ani.log.

Really, the device appears in Common Services and in RME in the following groups:

CS -> Systems Defined Groups -> Routers -> Cisco 7500 Series Routers -> Cisco Router 7057

RME -> All devices

However, I don?t get to collect to the Campus Manager. Even, I have reinstall Campus Manager 4.0.5 and, nothing.

What else can I do?. IS there any way to configure this device manually in the Campus Manager?.

Best Regards.

Thank you very much

Nuria

You cannot add devices manually into Campus Manager. This problem really sounds like a Data Collection filter problem. Double-check the Campus Data Collection filters under Campus Manager > Administration > Campus Data Collection > Data Collection Filters and make sure you don't have anything configured there (or if you do, that this device is allowed).

As a last-ditch effort, you can try reinitializing the ANI database by shutting down dmgtd, and running:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl -restore

Thank you very much !!!!!. I have reinitialized the ANI database with the script reinitdb.pl and I already see the device in the campus manager.

Again, thank you very much.

Best regards

Nuria

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: