cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks LMS 2.5 : RME Custom Layout

ciscomv79
Level 1
Level 1

I need to get a custom layout from Detailed Device Report I got from RME 4.0 but I can not find any way to do it. Is there any way to create a custom layout for this report (filter rows and columns)?

I need a report that only shows the information about interfaces: Interface Operational Status and Last changed fields. I tried to create a custom report with a query, but I only can choose from 2 attributes, name and speed. I found interfaces have other attributes such as Operational Status and Last Changed, but the window to create a new report does not allow me to put them on a rule.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Detailed Device Report cannot be customized. You can, however, use the Data Extraction Engine from the CLI to export the detailed inventory to an XML file, then parse that XML file to create a report that only has the data in which you are interested.

For example, to export inventory for a device, 10.1.1.1:

NMSROOT/bin/cwcli export inventory -u admin -p admin -device 10.1.1.1

The elements within the exported XML that correspond to interface state are (corresponds to ifAdminStatus) and (corresponds to ifOperStatus). The last state change time is stored as an attribute of the element under the element. For example, a full interface block may look like:

ATM2/0.0-atm subif

atmSubInterface

up

StoppedOrSuspended

ATM2/0.0-atm subif