cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 3.0 - Need Info for Budget

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

Hello folks. Currently we are using LMS 2.5.1 with success. However, I'm currently working on our next year's budget and even though it's not out, my understanding is 3.0 should be ready around May with many new features. So, I'm searching for any information to see if it will justify the upgrade cost that would be associated with it. Currently I'm substituting the 2.0 to 2.5 upgrade numbers for the cost, hopefully that'll come close. But if anyone can give me some details they may have read, or heard that'd be great.

3 Replies 3

handoko.wiyanto
Level 1
Level 1

Hai there... :)

i'm new in nms world..

btw afaik, the available now is LMS 2.6,

maybe rather that upgrade to 2.5, you can upgrade it to 2.6 hehhehehe...

btw..where did you get the info about LMS 3.0?

thanks,

hw

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's not a lot of information released about 3.0 yet as it is still in the works for next spring. There will be some new functionality, OS support, and device support....not many other details at this point.

There have been several posts on the list that mention LMS 3.0. It is understandable that Cisco does not want to comment on software that has not been released.

I am also interested in an estimated cost of this upgrade for 2007 budget purposes. I think the LMS 3.0 will be a major release so purchase of a full version will probably be required. I budgeted for the full cost of LMS which is maybe $15,000 USD list. Your price may be lower (as mine is) due to discounts from your VAR. Of course this is just my guess and opinion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: