Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.2.1 - device credentials CatOS

axa-wongjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Running Ciscoworks LMS 3.2.1 with Common Services 3.3.1 and RME 4.3.2

I noticed that my legacy Cat6506 switches running CatOS are failing device credentials.

The switches are running CatOS 8.3(3).

Ciscoworks has an archived configuration, so it was working. I am unable to find any notices from the prior admin if there were any upgrades to Ciscoworks, which might have caused it to stop.

I confirmed the credentials are valid, by manually Telnet and using the same credentials. I exported the device credentials to verify the cleartext passwords.

There's no custom prompts, just using the system default login prompts.

I did a packet capture taken from the Ciscoworks server during a device credential verification job. I noticed that the username was sent correctly by Ciscoworks. For some reason, the switch responds by sending only the capital "P" of the password prompt. Ciscoworks server then sends a FIN,ACK packet. I then see a RST packet from the switch with a "Reset cause: assword:" as the reason.

I know I shouldn't dwell on this because these switches really need to get the boot and upgraded, but I am obligated to ensure backup configurations are current.

Anyone else knows if there's a bug or how CatOS is handled with the Ciscoworks versions I'm using?

I can share up screen shots of the packet details.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

Go to
"NMSROOT\CSCOpx\objects\cmf\data" and edit the "cmdsvc.properties file".
Increase the read delay to 700 (700 does not work increase to 900)and uncomment the line.
Now, do a "pdterm ConfigMgmtServer" and "pdexec ConfigMgmtServer" Run a new sync archive job for both the failing Cat devices.

Thaks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Share the Screen shot : login prompt of the device using PUTTY Only.

Also share the content of the  TacacsPrompts.ini [NMSRoot/objects/cmf/data/TacacsPrompts.ini]

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Attached is the TacacsPrompts.ini from the server.

Attached is the screen shot of a Putty session to the Catalyst switch.

Attached are screen shots of the RST packet.

Hi,

run CmdSvcTest.pl under the path

<>>/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/debugtools (where NMSRoot is

the installed directory) and send us the result

Command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl CmdsvcTest.pl [ip] [port] [telnet|ssh1|ssh2]
[ios|catos|nam|RME_WLC] [username] [login pass] [enable pass]
[telnet_timeout] [command1]>OutputFile.txt

NMSROOT is the directory where Cisco works installed.

Example:

for ssh2

E:\ciscoworks\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\debugtools>perl CmdSvcTest.pl
10.16.25.1 22 ssh2 ios ciscoworkshfd W3nt4ard W3nt4ard 30 "show run"
>E:\output.txt

Thanks-

Attached is the output file of the debug.

Hi ,

Go to
"NMSROOT\CSCOpx\objects\cmf\data" and edit the "cmdsvc.properties file".
Increase the read delay to 700 (700 does not work increase to 900)and uncomment the line.
Now, do a "pdterm ConfigMgmtServer" and "pdexec ConfigMgmtServer" Run a new sync archive job for both the failing Cat devices.

Thaks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: