Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 "User Tracking cannot find ip phones & end users hosts"

otenet_cass
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I am running cisco lms 3.2 with Campus Manager 5.2.1 and i have a problem with User Tracking , it seems that it cannot discover end user host & ip phones in my lan .The only end hosts that can find are directly connected to my main switch 4507 (seed device) .

The configuration of the lan is preety simple, i have a main switch 4507 (seed device) with 10 switches 2975 POE (Stack Mode) directly connected (trunk). I have configured 6 vlan's , and all my end users & ip phones  are connected to the 2975 switches.

I have already configured to the user tracking interface the subnets of the end users hosts  & ip phones , cdp, arp, ping reguest, snmp  are working properly. The network devices are already in the DCR and working properly .Dns is working also , no firewall on the LMS Server.

Lms is installed in a windows 2008 Std with SP2.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the sysObjectIDs of these stacked 2975s?  What version of SNMP are you using?

The sysObjectIDs for the 2975 are  " .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1068". The snmp version i am using is v2 , and the sysObjectIDs of the 4507 is ".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.876" .

What community string are you using?  Make sure it does not contain any '@' characters.

No,  the community string  does not contain any '@' characters .....

Can you help me please  with this issue ?

Just in case anyone is still wondering 2975 do not support user tracking

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0.1/device_support/table/lms401sdt.html#Cisco Catalyst 2975 Series Switches

So much for an $8000 dollar piece of equipment.

2960s are much better imho