Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks LMS 3.2 unable to recongize 3945e series routers

situwayne
Level 1
Level 1

Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 - CS v3.3.0, RME 4.3.1

3945e Series Routers are showing up as "unknown" device type.  How can I add support for this device type?  thanks.

3 Replies 3

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

1. Run the device update from Common Services --> Software Center ---> Device Update --> Select all the applications, download update, and install it.

2. Verify that device credentials are correct for the SNMP community strings using the device credential verification from RME > Devices > Device Management > Device Credential Verification Job.

3. Post results along with the snmpwalk from Device Center using the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1145.

Note you must be on IOS 15.1(T) for this be supported by RME 4.3.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

-nael

I think this is my problem.  How can I fix it?  Thanks.

The following is a SNMP walk of device 192.168.250.20 starting from .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1145

SNMP Walk Output
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1145 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Post the show ver from the device.

One thing you can do is try manually setting the device type from common services by removing and re-adding it and get the sysobect id from snmpwalk using the following:

snmpwalk -v2c -c (read only community string)  (deviceip) sysobject

(i.e "snmpwalk -v2c -c public  1.1.1.1 sysobject")

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco