Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 unable to run Software or Device Update

I am not able to run software or device update.  Initially I thought it was my proxy (Bluecoat) problem.  so I bypassed the proxy and still getting the same error.  based on the PSU.log, I am getting 404 error which ususally HTTP Not Found.  I am wondering if the URLs have been moved?  I've attached a sample of TCP stream in plain text.

with proxy credential:

[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:20 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : Validated Cisco.com credentials..
[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:23 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [CcoDownloadAdapter : getXmlFileList]  : failed to connect to Cisco.com:RespCode=404, RespMsg=Not Found
[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:23 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [RemoteRepSync : downloadPsuHeadersAsXml]  : VDSException thrown com.cisco.nm.xms.vds.VDSException: CcoDownloadAdapter::getfileList():failed to connect to Cisco.com.
[ Mon Mar 05 18:56:23 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : removing SwUpdateLock, due to exception..

bypass proxy:

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:24 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyLogin]  : No proxy User Name configured

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : Validated Cisco.com credentials..

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [CcoDownloadAdapter : getXmlFileList]  : failed to connect to Cisco.com:RespCode=404, RespMsg=Not Found

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] ERROR  [RemoteRepSync : downloadPsuHeadersAsXml]  : VDSException thrown com.cisco.nm.xms.vds.VDSException: CcoDownloadAdapter::getfileList():failed to connect to Cisco.com.

[ Tue Mar 06 14:57:27 PST 2012 ] INFO   [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : removing SwUpdateLock, due to exception..

4 REPLIES

it seems, your problem is bugID CSCto46927; you can download the patch for windows here: cwcs33x-win-CSCto46927-1.zip

Also, consider to update LMS 3.2 to version LMS 3.2.1 and apply alls other application patches and point patches available;

LMS 3.2 SP1:

ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9.zip

Thanks for that info.  I am having trouble installing the patch.  get this error.  could you please show me how to get around it?  thank you.

The patch is getting installed.....

Error opening tmpfile : No such file or directory

it seems that you do not have full permission on your TEMP directory - are you installing the patch as local administrator? - you should definitely do so....

Re: Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 unable to run Software or Device Update

I actually had the same issue and then noticed that the instructions tell you to run a command line against file CSCto46927-0 when the file provided is actually -1.

Views
Helpful
Replies