Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 3.2

Enea Dyrmishi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi support team,

I have installed LMS 3.2 on a Win Server 2008, with 160 GB HDD. But it seems that it is running out of space after some times.

So actually we managed to add another server, with a HDD of 500 GB capacity, and maped this HDD as a network drive.

Now my question is: is it possible to enable LMS to automatically save all syslogs and collected data from the actual 160 GB HDD, to the new one 500 GB HDD?

Thank you so much,

Enea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The supported solutions would be to either

a. Use Remote Syslog Collector. Setup instructions here.

b. Purge your syslogs when size grows too large. If your syslog is 100+ MB are you really looking at that data Instructions here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The supported solutions would be to either

a. Use Remote Syslog Collector. Setup instructions here.

b. Purge your syslogs when size grows too large. If your syslog is 100+ MB are you really looking at that data Instructions here.

Hi Marvin,

Remote Syslog Collector was the best solution.

Thank you for your support

Enea

You're welcome.

Please rate and mark your question as answered if it helped.

Hi Marvin,

I am also facing a problem with LMS 3.2 integrated TFTP server. It actually is saving devices configuration file .cfg, but they are all 0 KB. When I try to manually copy from the device to TFPT folder, it is working fine.

Do you have any idea about this problem.

Thanks

Hi Marvin,

Is it possible to purge the syslog.log file on the Remote Syslog Collector, using the local LMS 3.2

Thanks

I'm not sure. I've not used the Remote Syslog Collector personally. The syslog file purging utility is part of RME, which is not installed on the remote collector - only Common Services.

Have you tired setting a purge policy on the local LMS 3.2 (procedure here) and seeing what, if any, effect it has on the remote collector?

Hi Marvin,

A tried purging through local LMS 3.2, using RME>Admin>Syslog>Force Purge, but there was no effect at all on the remote syslog.log file. Its strange, somehow if RSAC is a good solution, it should even have some kind of tool to purge this logs, despite manually delete them, wich is the worst scenario.

Anyway thank you so much for your quick feedback.

I agree - seems they haven't thought through the administation of RSAC very well.

I suppose one could build a cron job / AT script to do the purge / backup daily or such. Something along the lines of:

pdterm SyslogCollector

rm syslog.log

pdexec SyslogCollector

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: