cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.1 and ASA 5540

skonrad01
Level 1
Level 1

I've added an ASA-5540 to the group of systems I backup each night. When the admin logs into the ASA in the morning, he sees the "save configuration" flag has been set. This started the same day CiscoWorks saved teh configuration. What is CiscoWorks doing to set this flag, and how do I stop it? It should only be reading the configuration. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally LMS should not save configuration only when LMS is taking the backup of configuration. This can be easily tested, if you try to run an instant job for Configuration Archive under Configuration > Sync Archive and see it on the ASA if it shows "save configuration" flag set.

It should be something else on either LMS or somewhere outside. In LMS it could be something like a NetConfig Job which may save configuration or other options like deploy configuration, which is very unlikely.

Before we stop it, we need to test and confirm, it is actually LMS,. You can also try to suspend the device once from LMS to see if next day you still see similar flag set.

Once we confirm it is LMS, we can test which action of LMS is doing it and how to prevent.

-Thanks

Vinod

** Encourage Contributors. RATE them**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: