Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 4.1 - Create a script for violation threshold

MaliqueVince
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everyone,

I'm working on Ciscoworks LMS 4.1 and I've created an alarm to monitor interfaces to my 2960 switchs in "err-disabled".

I'm using the MIB object "CErrDisableFeatureID" and it's work, I get my alarms.

I would like to deepen my research :

Today, I generate a syslog file for my alarm. And when I've got an alarm, I would like to apply an automatic process to "shut" and "no shut" interfaces in "err-disabled".

I configured a netconfig job to do this but I must do it device per device and choose interfaces by device.

Can i do this by a script ?
Would it be in the script configuration parameter thresholds ?

Thanks for your consideration.
Cordially

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems LMS doesn't have much to do this, as it is complicated to have unique interface details on each device to shut and no shut.

You can take specific action on a perticular interface easily, but it will be useless. This need scripting to be included which can parse syslog and take action according.

This should be something on the device itself, which is either EEM or TCL script.

I am not very sure on EEM if it can do so, but TCL script should be easily able to do it.

You can post your query if EEM/TCL can shut no shut intefaces when syslog for err disable is generated for them, on our EEM Scripting community here :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5941/eem-scripting

-Thanks

Vinod

** Encourage contributors. RATE them **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems LMS doesn't have much to do this, as it is complicated to have unique interface details on each device to shut and no shut.

You can take specific action on a perticular interface easily, but it will be useless. This need scripting to be included which can parse syslog and take action according.

This should be something on the device itself, which is either EEM or TCL script.

I am not very sure on EEM if it can do so, but TCL script should be easily able to do it.

You can post your query if EEM/TCL can shut no shut intefaces when syslog for err disable is generated for them, on our EEM Scripting community here :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5941/eem-scripting

-Thanks

Vinod

** Encourage contributors. RATE them **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

CSCO12329487
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you please explain to me how to config a netconfig job to activate when a threshold occur? If I understand, you configured a netconfig job to do "shut" and "no shut" interfaces when "err-disabled" threshold occur?

I need to execute command on Cisco switch when interface utilization is more than 50%.

Thanks for your consideration.
Vladimir