cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

CiscoWorks LMS not loading issue

I recently did an upgrade to my

ciscoworks server I updated everthing with the cd's that cisco sent me. now when I click on the ciscoworks icon all i get in the web page is server not ready please wait.... its been like that for at least 24 hours. I have rebooted servral times and stopped and restarted the service and the login screen any help would be weclome.

i upgraded from LMS 2.1 to LMS 2.5.1

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CiscoWorks LMS not loading issue

Tomcat is not starting up for some reason. The NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log will be needed to figure out why. This log can be quite large, so it might be a good idea for you to open a TAC Service Request, and include this file.

If this is Windows, you should make sure the services startup parameters have not been changed. Use the following thread as a guide:

javascript:newWin('http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddb858d')

How strange is this that i had exactly the same problem as this but got mine fixed via TAC last week. All i had to do was check the size of the regdaemon.xml file ($NMSROOT\MDC\etc\regdaemon.xml). Mine was 0 byte.

I had a backup file (NMSROOT\MDC\etc\regdaemon.xml.bak) so i stopped all processes, copied back the file to the original name, and restarted the processes.

It runs fine now. There is a bug ID for this (although i couldnt find any documentation regarding this), and it is fixed in common services 4.0.4 i believe (well the TAC lady said so).

Thanks

Nick

Cisco Employee

The DDTS you are referring to is probably CSCsc37359

Symptom:

Unable to connect to LMS --> web server is giving 403 error.

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml is 0 bytes

Conditions:

LMS 2.5.1 running on Solaris

Workaround:

Restore a backup of /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml

Resolved in CS 3.0.4

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content