cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS upgrade 2.1 to 2.5.1

amdil
Level 1
Level 1

I was upgrading CW2k LMS 2.1 to version 2.5.1 Migration was stoped during RME restor with the following error (migration.log): Essentials 3x db is down...

Do anybody know how to solved this issue?

TIA

amdil

4 Replies 4

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

I have never ever managed to upgrade the server from 2.1 or 2.2 to 2.5. A restore of a backup never gave me the desired results either.

I don't even try anymore.

An export of the devices, a clean LMS 2.5 install and things work as they should.

Cheers

Michel

Thanks for answer, but it didn't solved my problem.

Any other idea?

There is a bug in the backup program that could be causing this problem. There is a specific patch that has to be installed on your LMS 2.2 system before you do a backup. If this patch is not installed it is impossible to restore a backup to your new LMS 2.5.1 box. I had several TAC cases open and even worked with a few CiscoWorks developers and there is no way to make it work.

I too have never had a successful CiscoWorks upgrade from 2.2 to 2.5. --- CISCO DO YOU HEAR THIS? ---

Unless you really need to save you data from your 2.2 system I recommend a fresh install. Use a seed file to populate the DCR or let Campus discover.

I have wasted a week upgrade from 2.1 to 2.5!! After talking to CIsco support, Uninstall LMS 2.1 and start a new installation with 2.5.1 and it works in a day instead of week.

Cisco own me a lot of money to try their unsuccessful product.