Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ciscoworks LMS

Not showing device discovery options on LMS portal in ciscoworks common services.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ciscoworks LMS

Please post a screenshot illustrating the problem along with your version of LMS.

Pls find the attachment includes snapshot.

Cisco Employee

This doesn't really indicate a problem or your version of LMS. However, this looks like LMS 2.x, so Discovery will be found under Campus Manager > Administration.

LMS 2.5 i am using.it shows device discovery is in campus manager .my query is after discovering devices in campus manager will it come in common services.

Cisco Employee

First, I should point out that LMS 2.5 is now over three years old, and you should really upgrade to 2.6. LMS 2.6 can be freely downloaded from Cisco.com by first upgrading to LMS 2.5.1, then to 2.6. The downloads can be found at http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

As for Discovery, all reachable devices found by Discovery will be sent to the Device Credential Repository in Common Services. Once in DCR, other applications such as RME and DFM can then manage the devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content