Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks lms3.0 not accessible

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Clarke Cisco Systems,

Im experiencing problems with ciscoworks lms3.0. Im unable to access the portal everyday morning and i have to restart the services inorder to make it functional. we are getting the page can not be displayed error while accessing the same.in services.msc all the processes are started and pdshow command during the problem is not working. Can anyone help me.I have ie7 in my srver

~PR

21 Replies 21

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the full output of the pdshow command as well as the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log and the NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/logs/error.log.

Thanks Clarke,

Kindly find the attached files for your reference..

~PR

Is the problem with the inaccessibility happening right now?

No, it was inaccessable today in the morning before 8am.so we stopped and started the "Ciscowoprksdaemon" in serices.msc. After that it works fine. This happens everyday morning and we need to restart the same service.

You need to post the output of the pdshow and the logs (including the missing stderr.log) when the problem is occurring BEFORE restarting the daemons.

Something I should point out since you say that you have LMS 3.0 is that if you are running DFM < 3.0.4, you may be seeing a known bug in which DFM eats up all available network buffer space causing all daemons to fail (requiring a restart). You should upgrade to DFM 3.0.4, and see if this problem goes away.

Hi Clarke, as per the screen shot, we are unable to collect the output of pdshow during the problem. Could you please check the logs since there are something related to inaccessibility....

~PR

The logs won't show anything unless the problem is currently happening. As I said in my previous post, make sure you are running DFM 3.0.4 as earlier versions could create the exact problem you are seeing.

Hi Clarke,

Pls check the below log from the error.log...

[Wed Oct 07 07:43:01 2009] [error] access to /cwportal/c/portal/login failed for 1.1.67.228, reason: \nWARNING: Inside SessionValid...Connect failed. Retrying...\n\n

Hi Clarke, the problem had happened today morning and below is the log file which says about unable to connect to the portal.

Kindly check the attached version details and suggest me.

Let me know whether you require any other logs.

~PR

You need to upgrade to DFM 3.0.4. First, you will need to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1. You can download LMS 3.0.1 from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 . Then, go to Common Services > Software Center > Software Update to get the DFM 3.0.4 update.

If, after upgrading, the problem still occurs, I need to see ALL the logs while the problem is occurring.

Hi clarke,

OK thats fine...

Would you pls check the pdshow which i collected during the problem today.

i found that apache and tomcat serices were not started in services.msc.

Im attaching the logs under appache and tomcat also.

Basically i need to highlight some points to my higher team that due to so and so bugs or so and so reason we need to upgrade to lms 301 and dfm to 304.

Is the update lms 301 and dfm 304 free of download ? secondly what is the procedure or precautions to be taken while upgrading the same.

Thanks a lot in advance...

~PR

You didn't post a new pdshow output. If you look in your Event Viewer, you should see error messages pertaining to sm_server. This will confirm the problem with DFM. The upgrades to LMS 3.0.1 and DFM 3.0.4 are free.

To upgrade to 3.0.1, see the README PDF file found at the link I provided you. The DFM 3.0.4 notes can be found at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/cw2000/dfm/cwdfm3_0_4_win.readme.pdf&app=Tablebuild&status=showC2A . However, the Software Center interface will probably present you with 3.0.5 as it is the latest. The notes for 3.0.5 are found at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/cw2000/dfm/cwdfm3_0_5_win.readme.pdf&app=Tablebuild&status=showC2A .

Would you please give me some valid points which can be highlighted to my client suggesting for the upgrade..(kind of Root Cause Analysis OR cisco reference url pertaining to this issue).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco