cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Netconfig output location

jschweng
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know where the results or output of a Netconfig job go after the job runs?

I am trying to run a few show commands on some of our switches.  The job runs successfully but I don't know to find the results.

7 Replies 7

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

you can find it in the ouput archive

http://servername:1741/rme/NetshowOutputArchives.do

If you view the report, click on the Printer icon, than the result (output of your show commands) is displayed in a single report

Thanks for the reply vergeerf.  Unfortunatetly, that URL only shows me the NetShow output, not the NetConfig output.  I found the location finally by searching through our CiscoWorks server:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/NetConfigJob/

to "run a few show commands on some of our switches" you better use NetShow not NetConfig..... but glad you found it :-)

Regards,

Frank

Good point!  I hadn't considered running the Netshow option.  I'll check it out.

BTW, I was using the Adhoc option in Netconfig to run my "show" commands.

Vergeerf is right.  Don't use Netconfig to do this.  It's not geared toward the output piece.  Use Netconfig to do things like clear counters, trigger EEM policies, or reset VTY lines.  Use Netshow to run commands where you care about the actual output.

Is NetShow supported on LMS 2.5?  That's what we are running. Yeah don't laugh guys.  We don't have plan to upgrade since we are stepping up to using Solarwinds NCM.

No, not out of the box.  You'll need LMS 2.5.1 to get Netshow.  Neither LMS 2.5 or 2.5.1 is still supported anymore.  If you're serious about persuing LMS for show command support, download and install the 2.6 update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: