cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Netconfig

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to deploy an access-list 3 permit statement to all the network devices I have in CiscoWorks which includes a large number of switches and routers. Would it be easier to deploy to all devices at one time or break it down to go to device groups instead? This is my first time using this feature so any suggestions would be very helpful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it's the first time you've used Netconfig, I recommend a small test set first to make sure it works as you expect. After that, you can deploy to the rest of your devices. As with any ACL manipulation, be very careful you don't lock yourself out of the current device, or on subsequent devices in your job. This means be absolutely sure what protocols will be used to deploy the changes (e.g. TFTP, telnet, SSH ,etc.) as well as which protocols will be used to re-fetch the changed config.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it's the first time you've used Netconfig, I recommend a small test set first to make sure it works as you expect. After that, you can deploy to the rest of your devices. As with any ACL manipulation, be very careful you don't lock yourself out of the current device, or on subsequent devices in your job. This means be absolutely sure what protocols will be used to deploy the changes (e.g. TFTP, telnet, SSH ,etc.) as well as which protocols will be used to re-fetch the changed config.

Understood, I am testing on a couple of 3550's tomorrow night to make sure it goes smoothly. We

are leaving our old telnet box up just in case as well as the current ACL 3 statement until we are completely comfortable.