Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks not displaying syslog or traps from CSS11503

Our CSS (running version 07.50.1.05s) is configured with the following statements:

logging host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx facility 7 log-level debug-7

and

snmp trap-host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <RW comm>

and I have captured at the CiscoWorks server and have verified that syslog and snmp traps are making it to the CiscoWorks server; however, no syslog logging messages in RME or alerts show up in DFM.

We are running version LMS 2.5.1 w/ CS 3.0.4, RME 4.0.4, and DFM 2.0.5 and I have all of the latest Device updates.

Why is CiscoWorks not processing these messages?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CiscoWorks not displaying syslog or traps from CSS11503

RME does not currently support syslog messages from CSS devices. This support is coming in RME 4.1 as part of the fix for CSCse83654.

As for traps and DFM, make sure the DFM trap receiver is enabled (i.e. under DFM > Configuration > Other Configuration > SNMP Trap Receiving, 162 is listed as the port), and make sure the CSS is sending supported traps as documented at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/dfm/dfm206/ug/trapfwd.htm .

Views
Helpful
Replies