cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Not Notifying Bad Card.

buckeye58
Level 1
Level 1

I had a NM-HDA-4FXS card go bad in my 3725 router but did not receive a notification from Ciscoworks. What should I check? Campus manager 3.3, RME 3.5, DFM 1.2.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It really depends on what indications you had that the card was bad. If there was a syslog message regarding the failure, then RME might have a message in its syslog standard report. In the future, you can set up Automated Actions to trap on these messages, and send out email or some other notification.

However, DFM is the fault management application in the bundle. Assuming there were managed objects on this card, and the cards failure was reported via SNMP, you should have seen some kind of Operationally Down alert associated with it.

All of the card ports show up and managed in DFM but when the card went down I received no notification. The card went totally bad, No lights, wouldn't show up with the show diag command.

Was the router reloaded prior to arriving at this condition? If so, DFM should have registered the reload, but since the card didn't come back online, and it looked as though it didn't exist in the chassis, DFM would not have been able to tell the difference between a simple removal and the failure.

I am going to say that is the answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: