Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks offline update

Lasse Nylander
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an LMS installed on an internal network. The network is not allowed to connect to internet.

Updating devicepackages etc. is rather cumbersome, manually downloading from cisco.com.

So I would like to know if anyone have an easy way around this, as I haven't been able to find much info on the subject anywhere else!

Lasse

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately in a scenario of no Internet connection to the LMS server, you will be constrained in the ease of applying updates. The best approach that I have used in such a situation is to script the commands for applying updates so that once you have manually downloaded them and put them in a predefined location that you can just execute the script to stop CiscoWorks, apply the updates and restart CiscoWorks.

On a Windows systems, that might look something like this (modified for you local environment variables):

net stop crmdmgtd

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cmf -install -src c:\psu_download\cmf -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cm -install -src c:\psu_download\cm -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p rme -install -src c:\psu_download\rme -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cvw -install -src c:\psu_download\cvw -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p dfm -install -src c:\psu_download\dfm -all

net start crmdmgtd

CiscoWorks will be available once again after the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready

is empty.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately in a scenario of no Internet connection to the LMS server, you will be constrained in the ease of applying updates. The best approach that I have used in such a situation is to script the commands for applying updates so that once you have manually downloaded them and put them in a predefined location that you can just execute the script to stop CiscoWorks, apply the updates and restart CiscoWorks.

On a Windows systems, that might look something like this (modified for you local environment variables):

net stop crmdmgtd

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cmf -install -src c:\psu_download\cmf -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cm -install -src c:\psu_download\cm -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p rme -install -src c:\psu_download\rme -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cvw -install -src c:\psu_download\cvw -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p dfm -install -src c:\psu_download\dfm -all

net start crmdmgtd

CiscoWorks will be available once again after the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready

is empty.

Hi

Thank you, and sorry for my late reply .....

I have installed updates manually ie: /opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl update.pl, til now!

It should work just as well as the psucli or am I wrong ??

I just wish that a monthly released zip-file containing all new updates was available

Lasse