Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks offline update

Hi

I have an LMS installed on an internal network. The network is not allowed to connect to internet.

Updating devicepackages etc. is rather cumbersome, manually downloading from cisco.com.

So I would like to know if anyone have an easy way around this, as I haven't been able to find much info on the subject anywhere else!

Lasse

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Ciscoworks offline update

Unfortunately in a scenario of no Internet connection to the LMS server, you will be constrained in the ease of applying updates. The best approach that I have used in such a situation is to script the commands for applying updates so that once you have manually downloaded them and put them in a predefined location that you can just execute the script to stop CiscoWorks, apply the updates and restart CiscoWorks.

On a Windows systems, that might look something like this (modified for you local environment variables):

net stop crmdmgtd

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cmf -install -src c:\psu_download\cmf -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cm -install -src c:\psu_download\cm -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p rme -install -src c:\psu_download\rme -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cvw -install -src c:\psu_download\cvw -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p dfm -install -src c:\psu_download\dfm -all

net start crmdmgtd

CiscoWorks will be available once again after the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready

is empty.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Unfortunately in a scenario of no Internet connection to the LMS server, you will be constrained in the ease of applying updates. The best approach that I have used in such a situation is to script the commands for applying updates so that once you have manually downloaded them and put them in a predefined location that you can just execute the script to stop CiscoWorks, apply the updates and restart CiscoWorks.

On a Windows systems, that might look something like this (modified for you local environment variables):

net stop crmdmgtd

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cmf -install -src c:\psu_download\cmf -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cm -install -src c:\psu_download\cm -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p rme -install -src c:\psu_download\rme -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p cvw -install -src c:\psu_download\cvw -all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\PSUCli" -p dfm -install -src c:\psu_download\dfm -all

net start crmdmgtd

CiscoWorks will be available once again after the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready

is empty.

Hi

Thank you, and sorry for my late reply .....

I have installed updates manually ie: /opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl update.pl, til now!

It should work just as well as the psucli or am I wrong ??

I just wish that a monthly released zip-file containing all new updates was available

Lasse

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content