cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks RME 4.2 rmeng databases

Kristen Sims
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering how I can truncate, purge, rotate etc the SyslogFirst, SyslogSecond, SyslogThird database files.

They are currently huge (14 GB, 12 GB, and 28GB) and I could use the space.                   

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kristen,

Procedure for cleaning up the db space:

Prerequisite, execute the following commands in the server, under

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin:

STEP 1) pdterm RMEDbEngine

STEP 2) pdexec RMEDbEngine

This is to ensure that there are no active connections to the database which is a must for dropping/recreating db space.

STEP 3) I'm attaching a DBSpaceReclaimer.class file. Please copy it to a temporary directory, example: e:\Temp and issue the

Following command:

STEP 4) E:\Program Files\cwlms3\lib\jre\bin\java -cp ;E:\Program Files\cwlms3\lib\classpath;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\www\classpath;E:\Program Files\cwlms3\MDC\Tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\;E:\ProgramFiles\cwlms3\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar DBSpaceReclaimer

STEP 5) Restart daemon manger after completion of above task.

---------------------------------

For example:

E:\Program Files\cwlms3\lib\jre\bin>java -cp e:\Temp;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\classpath;E:\Program Files\cwlms3\www\classpath;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\MDC\Tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\MDC\Tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar DBSpaceReclaimer

NOTE: this is one command.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Excellent! Thank you! I will let you know how I make it.

I received this error when I ran the command:

I think , you might be missed something in the command.

it should be this way only..

NMSRoot\lib\jre\bin>java -cp "location where the attached class is
stored\";NMSRoot\lib\classpath;NMSRoot\www\classpath;NMSRoot\MDC\tomcat\web​apps\rme\WEB-I
NF\classes\;NMSRoot\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.​jar​ DBSpaceReclaimer
NMSROOT is the install directory of CiscoWorks. The default in windows is c:/progra~1/cscopx and the default in solaris is /opt/CSCOpx Example : C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\lib\jre\bin>java -cp C:\temp;C:\progra~1\cscopx\lib\classpath;C:\progra~1\cscopx\www\classpath;C​:\progra~1\csc
opx\MDC​\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes;C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\
log4j.jar DBSpaceReclaimer

-if it is still failing , share the screen shot of your command.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: