Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks RME 4.2 rmeng databases

Wondering how I can truncate, purge, rotate etc the SyslogFirst, SyslogSecond, SyslogThird database files.

They are currently huge (14 GB, 12 GB, and 28GB) and I could use the space.                   

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Ciscoworks RME 4.2 rmeng databases

Hi Kristen,

Procedure for cleaning up the db space:

Prerequisite, execute the following commands in the server, under

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin:

STEP 1) pdterm RMEDbEngine

STEP 2) pdexec RMEDbEngine

This is to ensure that there are no active connections to the database which is a must for dropping/recreating db space.

STEP 3) I'm attaching a DBSpaceReclaimer.class file. Please copy it to a temporary directory, example: e:\Temp and issue the

Following command:

STEP 4) E:\Program Files\cwlms3\lib\jre\bin\java -cp ;E:\Program Files\cwlms3\lib\classpath;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\www\classpath;E:\Program Files\cwlms3\MDC\Tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\;E:\ProgramFiles\cwlms3\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar DBSpaceReclaimer

STEP 5) Restart daemon manger after completion of above task.

---------------------------------

For example:

E:\Program Files\cwlms3\lib\jre\bin>java -cp e:\Temp;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\classpath;E:\Program Files\cwlms3\www\classpath;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\MDC\Tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes;E:\Program

Files\cwlms3\MDC\Tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar DBSpaceReclaimer

NOTE: this is one command.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Excellent! Thank you! I will let you know how I make it.

I received this error when I ran the command:

Cisco Employee

Ciscoworks RME 4.2 rmeng databases

I think , you might be missed something in the command.

it should be this way only..

NMSRoot\lib\jre\bin>java -cp "location where the attached class is
stored\";NMSRoot\lib\classpath;NMSRoot\www\classpath;NMSRoot\MDC\tomcat\web​apps\rme\WEB-I
NF\classes\;NMSRoot\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.​jar​ DBSpaceReclaimer
NMSROOT is the install directory of CiscoWorks. The default in windows is c:/progra~1/cscopx and the default in solaris is /opt/CSCOpx Example : C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\lib\jre\bin>java -cp C:\temp;C:\progra~1\cscopx\lib\classpath;C:\progra~1\cscopx\www\classpath;C​:\progra~1\csc
opx\MDC​\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes;C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\
log4j.jar DBSpaceReclaimer

-if it is still failing , share the screen shot of your command.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Views
Helpful
Replies