Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Serial Number

promina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to raise a TAC for an issue with Ciscoworks and the Cisco Help Desk are asking for a serial number for the software.

I can't find this serial number within the software and hence they won't accept me logging the call!

I've asked to speak to someone to ascertain how to find the serial number but for me to speak to someone they say I need the serial number!

I've looked in the 'About' section and 'Help' but no luck.

Cheers,

Grant

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The serial number is not available from the running application. You will need to get this from the outside of the box. It should be on a white sticker on the box.

I am running into this same issue.  I have the original "DVD" Case that the software came in but there is no white sticker on it.  What else can I do?

I don't even remember how I was able to download the .lic file used to activate the software.  This was about 2 years ago.  The system is running fine.  I just need to download SP1 but I cannot do so with my CCO account and Cisco won't give me access to it (even though I should already have it as it is under a SMARTNET contract we have, that's another issue) until I can provide a serial #

The problem is SmartNet doesn't cover software like LMS.  I looked up your profile, and I only see a SmartNet contract (that covers some ISR gear).  Any chance your org has a SAS (Software and Support) contract that covers LMS?  These days you don't get a serial number for software.  The PAK number used to get the license may help, but I'm not sure what the entitlement people can use to map back to product coverage.

In an email I have from the contractors who were the lead on the project they gave me two seperate SMARTNET #'s one pertaining to all of our switches and the other was supposed to be for LMS.  guess that was wrong.  We may have an SAS.  I would need to contact the Project Management Office and see what they tell me.  If the mean time is the PAK number something I can get from the software itself?

Sadly, no.  That number should have come with the software either on a sheet of paper or in an email.  I only see the one contract on your Cisco.com ID.  If you have others, you might gove those numbers to entitlement to associate them with your ID.

I will check our local project folder.  we have to have it somewhere, I mean I used something to get the .lic file to activate it.  Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: