cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks SNMS 1.5.1 on Win 2003 - a problem with WhatsUp Gold 8.0

antevrasov
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CiscoWorks Small Network Management Solutions 1.5.1 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I have also installed RME IDU 5 and Update 1. And after I configured SNMP on device and in WUG a problem appeared. At first all worked fine, but after couple of reboots WhatsUp Gold couldn't start. When I try to launch WUG manually (logged in as Administrator) nothing happens. When I look at Task Manager I can see WhatsUpG.exe process running, but CiscoWorks Desktop can't access to WhatsUp Gold console. It also can't be launched with CW Desktop neither when WhatsUpG.exe process is currently running nor when it is stopped.

Have anybody faced with this problem? Can it be caused by installing CW SNMS 1.5.1 and CiscoSecure ACS 3.3 on the same computer?

4 Replies 4

ssoberlik
Level 4
Level 4

WhatsUp Gold version 6 from Ipswitch, Inc.Provides network discovery, mapping, monitoring, and alarm tracking.

Click on an application in the CiscoWorks for Windows 6.0 Desktop toolbar.

On a client machine, select an application in the CiscoWorks for Windows 6.0 Desktop with a WhatsUp Gold map in the bottom frame.

On a server, right-click on a device within WhatsUp Gold and select an application.

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

This is a security patch from MS taht remove the default functionnality in IE to pass user credentials in the URL.

You need to add RegKey to tell IE to bypass this security for process iexplore.exe, explorer.exe

Martin

jsalaman
Level 1
Level 1

In WUG go to Configure > Web Server Properties, make sure you have checked the option Enable Web Server.

Same place option "users" make sure the password in User Security Settings is the same password used for accessing SNMS admin.

Make sure SNMS and WUG were installed using admin account, Microsoft IIS server disabled.

jsalaman
Level 1
Level 1

SNMS 1.5.1 + ACS 3.3 its not such good idea, mostly because performance, also its breaking de concept of distributed systems and security. ACS may not be supported for Windows 2003.

Also make sure the browser patch was installed, this one comes in the SNMS cd.

WhatsUp Gold version for SNMS 1.5.1 is version 8.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: