Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks SNMS

examples20001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was trying to install the CiscoWorks SNMS software. Instalation went good, but when I try to access the Cisco works web interface and enter the userid and password, then web page error as web page not found.

When I check the error.og, I saw the details in attached file. What can be the problem?

28 Replies 28

If the upgrade CD is a complete version of SNMS, then it should work. What is its part number?

My product number is: CWSNM-1.5-WINUP-K9

Desc: CiscoWorks Small NMS upgrade for cwn 5.x and 6.x customers.

will this product work if I un-install the current CWSNMS from my server and install the new CWSNM-1.5-WINUP-K9 product?

In my previous attached Ciscoworks_setupxxx.log, can you please tell at which part their is error?

Yes, you can install this once you uinstall the current SNMS.

The first install log indicated no problems, and the other two appeared to be aborted installations. I do not know when the corruption occurred, or why, but clearly the httpd.conf is bad.

Hi,

I un-installed and re-installed the CWSNMS software.

I am able to enter the userid and password.

But after that I get below messages:

I have attached my instalation log file.

What can be the problem?

"Not able to connect WhatsUp Gold on the server, hpsfjmgmt.

You may have changed the WhatsUp Gold admin or guest passwords using the Change Password option from the Admin > WhatsUp Gold navigation path. To make the password change effective, you must restart WhatsUp Gold.

Do you want to restart the WhatsUp Gold server now? Yes

Unable to start or restart WhatsUp Gold on the server, hpsfjmgmt for one of these reasons:

? There may be another window or file opened on the CiscoWorks SNMS server that has WhatsUp Gold as the title.

? The WhatsUp Gold console is waiting for your confirmation to save an unsaved map, on the CiscoWorks SNMS server.

? CWSNMSTaskbar.exe is not running on the CiscoWorks SNMS server.

? No user has logged on to the Windows workstation on which the CiscoWorks SNMS server is installed.

Please contact your administrator for further action.

"

After re-installation and when I login to CWSNMS website, I get below error message:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@domain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at xxxx Port 443"

In the error.log below is the messages:

[Mon May 21 17:12:04 2007] [notice] jrApache[2189] cannot connect to inetProxy(127.0.0.1:42343): Connection refused

[Mon May 21 17:12:08 2007] [notice] jrApache[2193] cannot connect to inetProxy(127.0.0.1:42343): Connection refused

[Mon May 21 17:12:11 2007] [notice] jrApache[2195] cannot connect to inetProxy(127.0.0.1:42343): Connection refused

[Mon May 21 17:12:16 2007] [notice] jrApache[2197] cannot connect to inetProxy(127.0.0.1:42343): Connection refused

[Mon May 21 17:12:20 2007] [notice] jrApache[2199] cannot connect to inetProxy(127.0.0.1:42343): Connection refused

Always I am getting the below error:

What can be the problem?

"Not able to connect WhatsUp Gold on the server, hpsfjmgmt.

You may have changed the WhatsUp Gold admin or guest passwords using the Change Password option from the Admin > WhatsUp Gold navigation path. To make the password change effective, you must restart WhatsUp Gold.

Do you want to restart the WhatsUp Gold server now? Yes

Unable to start or restart WhatsUp Gold on the server, hpsfjmgmt for one of these reasons:

? There may be another window or file opened on the CiscoWorks SNMS server that has WhatsUp Gold as the title.

? The WhatsUp Gold console is waiting for your confirmation to save an unsaved map, on the CiscoWorks SNMS server.

? CWSNMSTaskbar.exe is not running on the CiscoWorks SNMS server.

? No user has logged on to the Windows workstation on which the CiscoWorks SNMS server is installed.

Please contact your administrator for further action.

"

Is this currently the only problem you're facing, or is the previous connection refused error still being seen?

Are you trying to connect to WUG from the server itself, or from a remote client? What URL are you using to connect to WUG?

This problem could be indicative of an incomplete uninstallation. There may have been files and Registry entries left on the server.

When I login to CiscoWorks SNMS Desktop web page and after the suthentication I get below URL.

I am trying to connect to CiscoWorks SNMS Desktop from the server itself.

http://a.b.c.d:1751/snms/wug.do

http://a.b.c.d:1751/snms/wug.do?startwug=START

How to uninstall complete file and remove the registry's?

A complete uninstallation requires you to uninstall the software as you normally would, then delete the leftover NMSROOT directory (e.g. C:\progra~1\CSCOpx). Then, launch regedit, and remove HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco and HKLM\SOFTWARE\IpSwitch. Then reboot the machine.

Note, there is also a bug that has been release noted that if the admin and guest users have been removed from WUG, then you can get this error. Make sure you don't touch any of the user info in WUG when you reinstall, and you should no longer see the error you are seeing.

Just now I uninstalled the CWSNMS and deleted the NMSROOT directory (e.g. C:\progra~1\CSCOpx).

check the regedit, for HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco and HKLM\SOFTWARE\IpSwitch.

But IpSwitch folder was not their and under Cisco their is no folder for CWSNMS.

As my same server is used for ACS (AAA), the cisco folder has got this info only.

Okay, under the Cisco directory key there should be MDC and Resource Manager directories. You should remove them if they exist. If the IpSwitch branch is gone, that is a good sign. Do not forget to reboot before doing the reinstallation.

There is no MDC directories, but Resource Manager directories was their and I have deleted and rebooted the server.

Hi,

After re-installation, every thing is working fine and WhatsUp showed the devices after the scan.

But when I try to export to essential, nothing is displayed.

How to export the devices to essential and control the devices from Cisco device manager?

Exactly what are you doing to export the devices to RME, and what do you mean, nothing is displayed? Please provide a screenshot.