Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Syslog

ravisambaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I Have L3 switches and windows 2000 server running on the lab network.L3 switch is configured to log to the syslog server but I don't see any messages on ciscoworks syslog analyzer.Device is configured to resource manager essentials.

Can any body help to resolve the problem.

5 Replies 5

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Anything in the syslog.log file?

\CSCOpx\log\syslog.log

What level do you log? critical? informational?

Cheers,

Michel

In the syslog.log file there is no messages received from the devices.It contains some messages which are related to syslog analyser service. and logging level is configured to informational.

there are no mesage coming from the device to the server

If there are no devices in the syslog.log you need to determine if the messages from the device are reaching the server.

Can you do a packet capture on the server to see if its receiving syslog traffic? If not then you'll need to look at the device(s) to see if they are properly configured for logging.

I assume if ciscoworks sends it's self syslog messages then the syslog services runs fine.

Is there anything in between the server and the lab where the switches are?

Did you do anything on the switches to provoke syslog messages?

Hi sir,

server is directly connected to the switch and there is no acls configured. I haven't done anything to provoke the syslog messages on the switch.

Thanks

Ravi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: