Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ciscoworks Transport Protocol Order fail for ASA

Setting up Ciscoworks to manage and backup configuration ASA security device. For RME Archive Management , the config fetch transport settings are set for Telnet, then TFTP, then SSH.

I tried to sync archive the ASA for the first time and received the following failed reason:

*** Device Details for ASA002 ***
Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable
Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH
Execution Result:
STARTUP
CM0151 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch failed for ASA002  Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.0.1 - Cause:  connect timed out.
Couldnot enter ENABLE Mode from USER Mode on 10.0.0.1. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required  device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value,  if required.
RUNNING
CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for ASA002  Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.0.1 - Cause:  connect timed out.
Couldnot enter ENABLE Mode from USER Mode on 10.0.0.1. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required  device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value,  if required.

I know that Telnet will fail. The ASA is setup only to allow SSH access. How do I go about to configure Ciscoworks to use SSH only for this device first? Why is Ciscoworks not trying TFTP or SSH to fetch the config?

1 REPLY

Re: Ciscoworks Transport Protocol Order fail for ASA

Issue resolved by looking at the dcmaservice.log file. The sync archive eventually worked by using Telnet and then SSH.

Views
Helpful
Replies