Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks - Unable to ssh into devices from Topology Services

khanabyss9969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Just a quick question. I'm relatively new with loading or configuring CiscoWorks 2000. At the moment, I'm trying to get telnet and secure shell to work in Topology Services. Unfortunately, I receive this error:"SSH cannot be found." "Probable Cause: SSH client configuration missing." "Recommended Action: Configure SSH client in Java Plugin Control Panel. For details on configuring SSH client, see online help."

My version of Java is build 1.6.0_05-b13

I've done all the necessary steps and I'm still stumped. Anyone have any ideas.

Any help will be much appreciated.

K

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager are you using?

I think I may have found the solution to this - We are using Campus Manager 4.0.6. with Windows Server 2003 x64 edition. I had a look at the release notes for this version running on Windows and came across a known bug (CSCsa80409)

"Telnet and SSH fail to launch from the Campus Manager Topology Map.

This occurs on Windows 2003 and Windows XP clients.

Workaround:

None."

I had a look at later versions of Campus Manager but noted that even on Release Version 5.1 the known bug has still to be resolved.

Could you confirm if this is still indeed the case or if there is any other solution to this problem?

All help much appreciated.

Best regards,

K.

The first thing you need to do is make sure you are using the correct version of the Java Plug-in. This will be some version of 1.4.2 depending on other patches installed. Next, open your Java Plug-in Control Panel, and click on the Advanced tab. Under Parameters, you will need to have something like:

-DCMSSH=C:\PROGRA~1\PuTTY\PuTTY.exe

The value may be different, but it must point to the fully-qualified DOS path to your SSH client. Once that is set, restart your browser.

Hi again,

This has indeed resolved the issue. It was the version of Java I was using.

Regards,

K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: