cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks utilising 100% CPU and runing reallllllllly slow!

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We've recently started to have major issues with our CiscoWorks box where it's not managable and running at 100% CPU. Upon checking the Processes that are running from Task Manager I found that the there are multiple instances of the same services which seem to be taking all the resources, and hogging the system. Please view attached image.

These are the specs on which it's installed:

• Windows 200
  • SP4
  • Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_10
  • Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_15
  • Quad Core AMD Processor 8360 SE
  • 3,145,196 KB RAN

These are the specs of CiscoWorks itself:

• LMS 2.6
  • Common Services 3.0.6
  • Campus Manager 4.0.13
  • CiscoView 6.1..5
  • Device Fault Manager 2.0.13
  • Integration Utility 1.6.0
  • Cisco QoS Policy Manager 4.0.3
  • Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.6

It does look like it's a Java issue, what I find iteresting is that we have another CiscoWorks server running along side this one in a physical environment and is not having any of these issues.However, I can see that the same services are running and multiple instances existing yet the CPU is only running at 3% rather than 100%.

What I find interesting is that we have a 2nd device runing identical software, however, it's physical and not virtual and is not experiencing any utilisation issues.

I have uninstalled Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_15, and changed the paging file to Initial Size 2046, Maximum Size 4092.

It's still showing 100% CPU utilisation, any pointers/advise?

Many thanks,

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say the working server is in a physical environment, do you mean that the problematic server is running within VMWare or some other virtualization platform?  If so, this is not supported with LMS 2.6.  You will need to move to LMS 3.0 or higher to get VMWare or HyperV support.  We have seen severe CPU utilization issues when LMS 2.6 is put in a virtual server environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: