cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Ciscoworks V2.6 Device discovery stopped

Hello all.

I'm running CW2.6 which was upgraded from 2.5, and had a license change from restricted to unresticted on 10 Sept. Recently (3 Oct), Campus (ver 4.0.6) has stopped doing a device discovery at either its scheduled time, or on demand.

Any sugestions on how to get it going again please.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Ciscoworks V2.6 Device discovery stopped

To add to yjdabear's reply, your DEVICESROOT property in DeviceDiscovery.properties is:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\lib\classpath

This needs to be a valid directory with correct contents. Check to make sure this directory exists (i.e. that C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is your true NMSROOT), and check the permissions. casuser or casusers must have full control.

7 REPLIES

I've tried stopping crmdmgtd, renaming DeviceDiscovery.Properties.orig to DeviceDiscovery.Properties, change the file path within the file, and restart crmdmgtd.

It now notifies campus to start a discovery, but immediatley shows as idle.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Bernie

Thanks yjdabear.

I have done that twice now, but with no sucess.

I've attached the discovery log if this helps.

Bernie

To add to this, the process status report shows this

33. DeviceDiscovery Failed to run 0 -2 1073741822 N/A 23/10/2007 14:29:11 Not applicable Application failed or was registered incorrectly.

Bernie

Cisco Employee

To add to yjdabear's reply, your DEVICESROOT property in DeviceDiscovery.properties is:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\lib\classpath

This needs to be a valid directory with correct contents. Check to make sure this directory exists (i.e. that C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is your true NMSROOT), and check the permissions. casuser or casusers must have full control.

Thank you both for your time and pactience.

It worked on the 5th attempt on copying/renaming the DeviceDiscovery.properties file

For reference, I used DEVICESROOT=C:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

Love to know what corrupted the file as no changes were made to the system near the 3rd Oct.

Bernie

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content