Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Clearing interface counters periodically (Cisco Works)

Does anybody know if Cisco Works can be configured to run a scheduled job to clear interface counters on a regular (weekly) basis?

I'm using LMS 2.2.

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Clearing interface counters periodically (Cisco Works)

It is certainly possible to create a NetConfig job that does exactly this. However, to my best knowledge, Cisco Works has no option to schedule the same job to run multiple times. You would have to reschedule it every week.

Regards,

Leo

Cisco Employee

If I may kindly elaborate. Yes NetConfig can do this.

We DO allow you to set up jobs to run:

Immediately

Daily

Weekly

Monthly

Last Day of Month

So, if we'd like to do something once a day, we can. If it needs to happen multiple times a day, you'd simply set up multiple daily jobs.

This is how you can set up 'poor-man's wireless security' - you set up 2 daily jobs. First job would turn off the radios in the APs at 7pm and another job would turn them back on at 6am. :)

Community Member

In my version of NetConfig i only get an option to schedule a job immediately or once. Are the options to schedule jobs weekly, daily etc a feature of LMS 2.2 and if so how do i get access to these options in my NetConfig job setup?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

LMS 2.2 (RME 3.5) could only run jobs immediately or once (scheduled).

LMS 2.5 (RME 4.0) added the capability to run jobs repeatedly, periodically...

Many, many 'jobs' or work-flows in LMS can be automated in this way - not only NetConfig jobs, but also Inventory reports and Baseline Templates (config compliance checks).

Community Member

Thanks Leo

That's what i thought.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content