cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Template to run Archive Command to upgrade 3750 Switch in Prime

rdotson
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have or know how to write a template to upgrade a mixed stack of 3750 switches in Prime Infrastructure 2.0?  Prime does not support upgrading a mixed stack yet, but it can be done from command line.

the command line would be:

archive download-sw /allow /overwrite tftp://10.30.2.14/3750efilename  tftp://10.30.2.14/3750filename

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please check:

1. You need to download the correct .tar image file;

2. Copy it to the root of your FTP or TFTP server;

3. Upload, extract and install the .tar file to the switches (I always use the /imageonly option, because I don’t need the html files for management);

4. Reload the switch stack;

Please use this command:

sw-stack#archive download-sw /imageonly /overwrite /allow-feature-upgrade ftp://user:password@/image-file.tar

The boot parameters are automatically changed to the new IOS firmware. You can check the boot parameters with the show boot command.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts.

Thanks Sandeep, but I already know how to do it from CLI.  I want a CLI Template in Prime so I can apply it as a job to multiple stacks of different models of 3750 switches. (3750 and 3750x).

The command line below works to do that, by specifing multiple images, but doesn't work in Prime.

archive download-sw /allow /overwrite tftp://10.30.2.14/3750efilename  tftp://10.30.2.14/3750filename