Views
Helpful
Replies

cli templates prime 2.1

Carstenlymann
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I was wondering. Is it possible to run a CLI template that does the following.

1. Running the CDP neighbor command to find out who the neighbors are.

2. And automaticly entering a description command on the interface with the hostname and IP that it has found with the cdp neighbor command.

Im having a big network where i have description on the trunk ports who they are linked to. With device name and IP.

But im running through my network now trying to get the hostnames a bit better and more aligned.. But everytime i change a hostname i has to follow up on all the trunk ports to make sure the descriptions there are correct as well. Would be really cool if a cli template could do that job for me.

/ Carsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not an answer per se but what you're describing reminded me of Prescriptive Topology Manager. It's built into Cumulus Networks' product and based on some open source work.

Ethan Banks also has a nice article on it at his blog.

(And - no, doing what you ask is not a feature that's available as of PI 2.1.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mfernholm
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you can do it yet in Prime. Probably have to wait for Prime 2.2 or later release.

You can probably solve it with some Phyton script. If you do, please let me know. Because I have a similar problem. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not an answer per se but what you're describing reminded me of Prescriptive Topology Manager. It's built into Cumulus Networks' product and based on some open source work.

Ethan Banks also has a nice article on it at his blog.

(And - no, doing what you ask is not a feature that's available as of PI 2.1.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: