cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CmfDbMonitor Waiting to initialize with Ciscoworks 3.0.1

derek.sizeland
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get Ciscoworks 3.0.1 running on an HP Proliant server running Server 2003 R2 Enterprise with SP1. I managed to get 3.0 running on it before I did the upgrade, but had to manually start some of the processes before it would run. I have attached the output of pdshow. Is there a list of Windows updates that either have or have not to be installed, and is the package known to clash with systems, as there are a number of HP tools running on the server?

.NET 2 is not installed - I saw one post that mentioned the service pack for it.

We do have a TAC case currently running for which I have sent the content of several log files. The server only has 1 nic enabled apart from the one used for ILO. Any suggestions please!

19 Replies 19

The problems are the two libraries under C:\WINDOWS\system32. If you move them out of the way, this problem should go away, but it may break another application that depends on them. Unfortunately, that will be the only workaround for now.

I should also add that if the Legato backup software is running, you may see problems with the Legato versions. You would need to keep Legato from running as well. If after moving the system32 DLLs out of the way you still see a problem, disable the Legato client, then reboot.

FYI, I have filed CSCsm29546 to track this problem.

I have renamed the offending .dlls to .dll.old, I didn't get any errors, so I presume they weren't in use. I now have 64 processes running!

All processes that should start at boot now have done so.

I will speak to my server guys on Monday and see if there any potential issues.

We have an SR running with EMEA TAC, I will get it updated on Monday as well.

Thanks for your help, will a long term fix for this issue be looked at?

Yes, the bug is requesting the same fix that was applied to Apache. That is, dbmonitor.exe will be linked to cwlibeay32.dll to avoid the conflict.