cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS server running slowly

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

After I added all devices on LMS, I think some applications or services are running now because LMS is running slowly. I have to spend several minutes to open a window. How could check which services used too much CPU or memory? BTW, do I need do some specific changes for LMS on my server? Do you have optimization suggestion of LMS server?

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can run the pdshow command, then map the PIDs to the running PIDs in Process Monitor to find out which processes are taking the most CPU and memory. LMS is a big consumer of memory and CPU. Making sure you have plenty of both will help LMS. You may also find out large scale deployment whitepaper useful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_white_papers_list.html

I have the same problem. I've upgraded from LMS2.6 (no problem) to LMS 3.0.1, so it's exactly the same server, operating system and hardware (Windows Server 2003 + 2GB Ram) and now it's very very slow. Almost impossible to work.

I did not have this problem before.

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: