cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR 6.2 and linux

MrJake
Level 1
Level 1

It says in the min req you need red hat ent 3.0. Can we use Red Hat ent 5? since 3.0 is quite old.

Also are we stuck with Redhat or we could use debian or another linux flavor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jake,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

If you have the CD version of 6.2.3 and you have a license, you should not have any problem downloading from CCO and 6.3 accepts any 6.x key...so you should be good to go.

Try this link (requires CCO id/registration):

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/tablebuild.pl/nr-eval

Regards,

-J

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mr. Jake,

RedHat Linux and Solaris are the only unix-based OS's supported. Debian or any other, is not.

As for the versions of Linux, CNR only supports RH ES 3.0 and RH ES 4.0. Not 5.0. In any case, you need to be sure that the correct kit is installed for whatever version of CNR you are running. 5.0 is not yet supported with *any* version of CNR.

HTH,

-J

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

just to be clear on this...RH 4.0 is only supported on CNR 6.3.

Regards,

-J

I have version 6.2 atm. I am doing a lcean install and not an upgrade, should I try and get 6.3 instead?

Definately you should get 6.3 if possible. There are many bug fixed between 6.2 and 6.3.

Regards,

-J

I have a cd of version 6.2.3 and I also have a service contract for it and licenses for it. But I dont seem to be able to download 6.3. Do I need to order a new cd?

Hi Jake,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

If you have the CD version of 6.2.3 and you have a license, you should not have any problem downloading from CCO and 6.3 accepts any 6.x key...so you should be good to go.

Try this link (requires CCO id/registration):

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/tablebuild.pl/nr-eval

Regards,

-J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: