Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CNR 6.2 Linux - IP Phone option

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if CNR v 6.2 (Linux) is capable of adding options for ip phones just like any other DHCP server? I've been trying to find good documentation on this but I have not been successful.  We have CNR deploy as DHCP and DNS and I can't find the where to add options for ip phones, vendor X.  I've done it on a Windows DHCP server but I am new to CNR.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CNR 6.2 Linux - IP Phone option

You can create a custom option for you vendors IP Phone. Below is the link to the users guide for 7.0 but the steps are pretty much the same for 6.2.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_registrar/7.0/user/guide/UG22_Pol.html#wp1069486
Here is an example of custom options for defining the TFTP server download the IP Phones configuration.

nrcmd> custom-option test150 create 150 IPADDR desc="custom option"

- nrcmd> policy setoption option-150 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2 

To view:
- nrcmd> policy bogus getoption option-150

option-150 defines the tftp server ip address where 1.1.1.1 is the primary and 2.2.2.2 is the secondary server.

-nael

1 REPLY

Re: CNR 6.2 Linux - IP Phone option

You can create a custom option for you vendors IP Phone. Below is the link to the users guide for 7.0 but the steps are pretty much the same for 6.2.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_registrar/7.0/user/guide/UG22_Pol.html#wp1069486
Here is an example of custom options for defining the TFTP server download the IP Phones configuration.

nrcmd> custom-option test150 create 150 IPADDR desc="custom option"

- nrcmd> policy setoption option-150 1.1.1.1,2.2.2.2 

To view:
- nrcmd> policy bogus getoption option-150

option-150 defines the tftp server ip address where 1.1.1.1 is the primary and 2.2.2.2 is the secondary server.

-nael

Views
Helpful
Replies