cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR DHCP and Microsoft DNS

macloughs
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running CNR 558 for both DNS and DHCP in failover mode on some Win 2000 SP4 servers.

A decision has been made to transition to Win2003 AD servers providing the DNS and this is in place parallel to the CNR DNS service. (Some servers exist which are hardcoded to the CNR DNS server.) It is these DNS servers I want to migrate.

Some CNR install documentation states "You cannot run the Network Registrar DNS, DHCP, or TFTP servers concurrently with any other DNS, DHCP, and TFTP servers" I want to retain the server's for DHCP so is it enough to just run "server dns disable start-on reboot" or will the AIC service still not like this.

The end result I'm looking for is providing CNR DHCP and MS DNS from the same(existing) server

Thanks

Stephen

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

I think CNR can export BIND type Zonefiles that can be later imported to Win2003 DNS server. After this you can disable CNR DNS feature and can run Win20003 for DNS.

Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps1982/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800a5bc9.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: