Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR DNS query issus

kbundgaard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have an issue with CNR ver. 6.2.0512141127 DNS queries, on some specific domain names, the CNR are only doing query to the root servers for costumers on the internet. Now when doing an nslookup from the CNR srv command prompt we get the answer “can`t find xxxx.com”.

But if we ping the domain name from a server on a manament zone that has a primary mgt-dns-01 server, that keeps a DNS record of our CNR DNS server in its own zone file, we get an answer back with the ipadress of the domain, “mgt-dns-01 has a connection to the internet”. After we done that we can now nslookup from our CNR DNS server and get the domain name resolved into an ipadress.

Anyone that knows an answer for this?

Thanks

Karsten

4 Replies 4

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Please post from your nwreg2/local/logs , the name_dns_1_log.* files and we can seen exactly what the problem.

I suspect it might be a zoning issue but get the logs first and we can verify it.

Also get us the dns_startup_log .

-nael

Hi Nael

The log files for both CNR servers are in the attached file, you have to rename it with .zip instead of .old one of the domain names that we could`t resolve is puch-wieser.at

Verify that the zone you are querying has an NS entry.

I didn't see in the logs the domain being attempted to query. I suggest you open a support ticket if the verification NS record is valid.

One thing you can try , remove the zone and re-added and define a NS server in the zone your are querying.

thanks, i will open a support ticket, we are not using zones for any costumers outsite, the CNR is supposed to query the root servers if it dosn`t have it in its cache.

thanks any way for your responds.

-karsten

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: