Replies

Collector status in LMS 4.0 IPM

marat55555
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo, once again!

Can You explain?

Question about IPM 4.0:

I have executed device collector, but my new collector's status is always "Configuring" (not "Running"). I update page, and nothing... Why not "Running"?

When i created colletor, i set time range - both "Monitored/real-time" and "Historical/Statistical". All Cisco devices are IP SLA capable, SNMP has been tuned on they. All previous CM, CS, DFM possibilities are functionate. SNMP credential has been set also (community string RO/RW, passwords are same). Version IOS = IP service. When i manually have perfomed IP SLA (IP SLA responder on target device and UDP-jitter on source device), all is worked.

What's wrong?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Is SNMP RW ok? IPM uses RW

The other moduls use SNMP RO only.

When you say password are the same does that mean you use SNMP V3?

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

"Monitored/real-time" is now and data is not written to database but you can launch a graph and IPM will slowly fill it.

This collector you use to create alarms when threshold is bypassed

"Historical/Statistical" data is written to database. This you use to create graphs and reports

Do not use @ in community string

Cisco uses communitystring@vlanid as community string to get VLAN data

cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Is SNMP RW ok? IPM uses RW

The other moduls use SNMP RO only.

When you say password are the same does that mean you use SNMP V3?

Cheers,

Michel

No, SNMP v2

Password are the same does,that password in switch community string on device itself is password in SNMP credential programm settings (In Server setup SNMP credential).

"Is SNMP RW ok?" How can i  that verify?

I would create either 2 different community strings for readonly and readwrite, or just a readwrite string

LMS devicecenter has an area where SNMP read and readwrite are tested.

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks! All good! Status is Running!

Before was so:

#snmp-server community ***** RO rw.

I remade:

#snmp-server community ***** rw

and LMS added one more string on target device:

#snmp-server community ******@es4 RO

But there is question.

When i created collector (time range is "Monitored/real-time", life=forever, status is Running) and pushed "Monitor" button, nothing appears. Why? Must be graph!

"Monitored/real-time" is now and data is not written to database but you can launch a graph and IPM will slowly fill it.

This collector you use to create alarms when threshold is bypassed

"Historical/Statistical" data is written to database. This you use to create graphs and reports

Do not use @ in community string

Cisco uses communitystring@vlanid as community string to get VLAN data

cheers,

Michel

Thanks for tips!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: