cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Services 3.3 won't discover any devices.

miyake
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting this message from the Device Discovery Summary page when I start the discovery.  An instance of discovery is running already. Please try to start once it gets  completed.  There is no job running but it keeps giving me the error.  The job that was started first states that it is completed but I can not discover any devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try deleting the CSCOpx/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj file and then do "pdexec CSDiscovery" on DOS.  This should start a new discovery.  Check what the status of this discovery is once it completes.  If you still have no devices, post a screenshot of the Device Discovery Summary page and your CSCOpx\conf\csdiscovery\CSDiscovery-config.xml file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try deleting the CSCOpx/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj file and then do "pdexec CSDiscovery" on DOS.  This should start a new discovery.  Check what the status of this discovery is once it completes.  If you still have no devices, post a screenshot of the Device Discovery Summary page and your CSCOpx\conf\csdiscovery\CSDiscovery-config.xml file.

Thanks it work like a champ.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: