cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Services single sign-on

stevek1
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a new CiscoWorks server for QPM and configured it for Single-on to use my LMS server as Master. I was hoping that the users configured in the LMS application would gain automatic access to the new QPM application, however it seems I still need to manually add them on the new server. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Cheers, SteveK.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is correct. Single Sign-On only does authentication. Authorization is left up to either the local server's database, or ACS (if the local server is integrated with ACS). So, if you're using CiscoWorks Local authorization, then the users need to be added to all SSO servers. You only need to give them passwords on the SSO master, but they need to have the proper roles on all servers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is correct. Single Sign-On only does authentication. Authorization is left up to either the local server's database, or ACS (if the local server is integrated with ACS). So, if you're using CiscoWorks Local authorization, then the users need to be added to all SSO servers. You only need to give them passwords on the SSO master, but they need to have the proper roles on all servers.

thanks champ.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: