Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Complex expression rules for customizable groups not working

Hello Community,

we have recently installed Cisco Prime 4.1 (running on Windows server 2008 R2 Standard  - 64bit Operating System).

Our main buildings are connected via Gigabit Interfaces, so I wanted to change the threshold in Fault Monitor only for those devices and those interfaces, to be something different than the default value (40%).

My regular expression is this:

(Interfaces.SystemName contains "Sw-AM-C6509" AND

Interfaces.Description contains "GigabitEthernet9/23")  OR

(Interfaces.SystemName contains "Sw-KK-C6509"  AND

Interfaces.Description contains "GigabitEthernet1/23")  OR

(Interfaces.SystemName contains "Sw-MK-C6509"  AND

Interfaces.Description contains "GigabitEthernet1/23")

When I try to "Check Syntax" I get an error message:

You have entered an invalid rule. Enter a valid rule. See the

Help

for examples of valid rules

I also found the following thread "https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/646043#646043" that provided an example, but I got the same error message, when I tried to run the example.

In my regular expression if I only type:

Interfaces.SystemName contains "Sw-AM-C6509" AND Interfaces.Description contains "GigabitEthernet9/23"

without any brackets and the like it seems to pass the syntax check.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Katerina

1 Reply 1

Hello Community,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/646043#646043 mentions a bug that should have been removed on LMS2.6 but was still persistent. It states that:

when defining complex rules you have to use the complete Object ID  (this info is available in the User Guide but wasn't described in DFM  On-line help), which is different for each application.

:Campus:OGS:Device

:DFM:VASA:DFMObject

:CMF:DCR:Device

:RME:INVENTORY:Device

I would have thought that if this was actually a bug it should have been removed in the newest version of LMS4.1, but from what I understand it must still be there. I couldn't find anything relevent in the Administration of Cisco Prime LMS 4.1 document.

In order to fix my problem I used the following syntax, which seems to pass the syntax check.

:DFM:VASA:DFMObject:Interfaces.SystemName contains "6509" AND

(:DFM:VASA:DFMObject:Interfaces.Description contains "1/23" OR

:DFM:VASA:DFMObject:Interfaces.Description contains "9/23")

It does get the job done, but this isn't exactly what I wanted.

I hope that someone can update this post and verify that this is the correct way to go.

Katerina