Helpful
Replies

Compliance Mgmt

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need Compliance mgmt help.

I want to run a command against 2500 switches that make all Fast Ethernet ports implement as speed auto & duplex auto, except Gig port and trunk ports. Any help appreciated.

THANKS

I am using;

LMS:3.2

RME: 4.3

CM:5.2.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can add the Link Port attribute when configuring your port-based Netconfig group, but this will only tell you those ports that connect to other CDP devices (i.e. those devices that show up on the topology map).  It will not distinguish server ports.  If all of your server ports have a common port description, you could match on that in your Netconfig group, but other than that there is no way to distinguish server ports from regular access ports.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is tricky since the commands you want do not show up in the config by default.  However, I think something like this will work:

Commandlet 1:

Name: AccessPorts

SubMode: interface [#FastEthernet.*#]

IsPrereq: true

Body:

+ switchport mode access

Commandlet 2:

Name: AutoPorts

Parent: AccessPorts

Prereq: AccessPorts

IsPrereq: false

Body:

- speed [SPEED]

- duplex [DUPLEX]

When you deploy this template, you will replace the SPEED and DUPLEX macros with "auto".

Since you have RME 4.3, you might also consider using a Netconfig port-based job.  To do this, go to RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs and create a new port-based job.  Define an custom group with the ruleset:

Port.PortName StartsWith "Fa" AND
Port.CM.AccessStatus = "Configured"

Then select the Adhoc task, and enter the IOS commands:

speed auto

duplex auto

Deploy that to all of the required switches and that will accomplish what you want.  Note: this requires that all switches are managed by Campus Manager.

Thanks Joseph,

Thats really helpful and very much appreciated.

Furthermore, is it possible to distinguish in the FastEthernet ports between the user ports and and the ports connected to Servers/ Switches/ Routers / firewall etc. So that I can make all users only ports Speed/Duplex to auto.

Thanks again.

You can add the Link Port attribute when configuring your port-based Netconfig group, but this will only tell you those ports that connect to other CDP devices (i.e. those devices that show up on the topology map).  It will not distinguish server ports.  If all of your server ports have a common port description, you could match on that in your Netconfig group, but other than that there is no way to distinguish server ports from regular access ports.

Thanks again Joseph.

Thank you.