cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config Archival not working

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

Before I was able to perform a sh users on a cisco router, that is in the Ciscoworks DCR, and copy the config into its archive after a change was detected. I recently updated LMS 2.6 to CS 3.0.6 and RME to 4.0.6. Now when I log into a device, make a change, I don't the ciscoworks user logging in to grab the config and put it in the archive. Is there something I need to change to get this to work again? Someone please help!

2 Replies 2

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

Let me reword the first sentence - "I was able to perform a sh users on a cisco device, that is in the DCR, watch as the ciscoworks user logs into the router, to copy the config, after it receives the config trap"

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you are sending syslog messages to your RME server, then RME should be fetching the configs provided you have not disabled the Config Fetch action under RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions.

Note: that the Config Fetch transport order under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings to fetch the config. If the primary protocol is TFTP, then RME will not log into the device. Instead, it will send an SNMP set to trigger a TFTP of the config. This operation will not show up in "show users".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: