cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config change records in RME

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have archive set up for nightly archiveing of config and it is successful.

Purging of records is set up to maintain 10 versions and not to purge for 26 weeks, but when I look at the version tree, I only see 1 version which is the latest version of the config.

There should be only one directory for configs, what is happeneing to the older versions?

6 Replies 6

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Select Resource Manager Essentials > Admin > ChangeAudit > Set Purge Policy.

Here i think you have set default that will be Purge change audit records older than 180 days.

See on below link, performing maintanance TASK:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008035771b.html

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How often has the config changed on the device? Is it archiving new configs very often?

It is archiving every night.

Some devices the configs to not change often.

Some have changed quite a bit.

A config will not be archived unless an interesting change has occurred. Interesting changes are dictate by those that do not match the exclude commands configured under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Exclude Commands.

So, while config archive may be attempted every night, only changed configs will be written to disk, and only they will show up in the version tree.

Thanks for the reply.

I remmember you mentioning that before, but the configs have changed.

That is the thing, on some devices there should be numerous versions and I am only seeing the one.

You should pick one device which does not have its latest config in the archive, and troubleshoot that. Enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, run a Sync Archive job on that device, then look at the dcmaservice.log for any obvious errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: