Views
Helpful
Replies

Config retrieval

woods8
Level 1
Level 1

From RME>Config Mgmt>Archive Mgmt.

Ciscoworks LMS2.5 is unable to fetch around 50% of device configs. I have selected to use snmp & telnet only. But the failed devices show the following error: - "Couldnot enter ENABLE Mode from USER Mode on Device".

From credential device report snmp ro is "ok" but rw & telnet show "No value to test" for every single device? I would expect to see "ok" for snmp ro/rw & telnet for config retrieval to work. All device attributes are correctly specified.

As a minimum do you need snmp ro/rw & telnet? Please advise.

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

In order to capture the config, RME requires to go into enable mode, or must have the RW string.

To provide RME this information, go to Common Services -> Device and Credentials -> Device Management , select the devices and click on Edit

When you get to the Device Properties, simply click on Next and you will have the devices selected (the note on that page that says "Select a device above then edit its information." is misleading)

I have the same problem. However, only a single device is failing. When I use Management Station to device, everything says OKAY. When I check Credential Verification report, SNMPv3 shows Failed. and Enable by Telnet shows Incorrect. When I sync archive, the error message is the same. Unable to enter ENABLE mode from USER modePRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP.

What protocol have you specified to retrieve configs?

To change protocols go to rme> admin> Config mgmt> then from there select the app followed by the order of protocols you wish to use.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: