Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

config version tree on LMS 3.2

RME version tree display -VLAN -> RUNNING for each day I have new version. we are not doing change every day and I am wondering where this new version came from also when I am trying to see the config from version tree I got this error "Config view for VLAN config is not supported" so I caouldn't tell what added every day. this is new install and I have already 30 versions.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: config version tree on LMS 3.2

Since the vlan.dat is a binary file, RME has no way of knowing if it really changed. Therefore, to be safe, it archives a new version each time the config archive runs. By default, a Change Audit record is created each time, but as you see, this can get rather annoying. To disable the Change Audit record, go to RME > Admin > Change Audit > Config Change Filter, and check the "Enable vlan Change Audit Filter " box.

thanks for info. so what will happen 6 month or 1 year from now? we will have 360 version by end of the year? because our archive job running every night.or either any way to limit the version on valn.dat. I am worrying about the HD space not to overwhelm.

Cisco Employee

No, your config purging should kick in, and remove the unwanted versions. Make sure you have configured purging properly under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Purge Settings.

Views
Helpful
Replies