cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ConfigMgmtSever unable to connect

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I couldn't do the archive job because I got this error message" CM0051 Unable to connect to ConfigMgmtSever process Cause: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "Archive Mgmt" : Not found !! Action: Please restart ConfigMgmtSever process." I did stop and restart the process, no change. I also did stop and restart dmgtd, including reboot the server but no solution.the new things I did on my RME was install the 4.0.6 upgrade after that working very slowly the archive job for on day, after that start getting this error message.any help greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, there is no way to retroactively check the health of a backup. If the backup completed successfully, and was taken at a time when LMS was known to be working, then it's most likely good.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command.

thank you Sir, here is my pdshow.

Please post the dcmaservice.log. Was the hostname changed on this server recently?

no host name change ever on this server, as I said patch was the only change recently,that happened Aug 5th. DCMAservice.log is attached.

thanks

It looks like the data in your rmeng database is bad. Specifically, the table which maps RME device IDs to DCR device IDs appears to be empty or corrupt. This problem started on August 8, so something must have happened after applying the 4.0.6 patch. If you have a known good backup, you can try restoring it. Else, you will need to reinitialize your rmeng database:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

I have a backup from July, how I can restore the database from backup. actually my backup directory is on the same server just on different partition.please can you give me a step for restoration.any recommendation before starting the restoration.

Thank you

That's older than I was hinting at, but it should work. See the online help in LMS on how to do the restore:

http://SERVER/help/cmf/sysadmin_restr_data.html

how do I check the health of the backup? which file should be on backup dir.I have campus,dmf,cfm,rmneg directory hold a tar file each.

Unfortunately, there is no way to retroactively check the health of a backup. If the backup completed successfully, and was taken at a time when LMS was known to be working, then it's most likely good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: