cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Engine

cell.chris
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for something that I can centrally manage all (or most) of my remote equipment to include routers, switches, and firewalls (The large majority of my remote equipment is: 3500XL, 3550, 3560 switches; 2800 routers and 501 PIX's). I would like to be able to push code updates down, small configuration changes to multiple devices, etc. and also schedule changes. I have hundreds of locations and thousands of devices, so doing a manual code upgrade is difficult - especially when there is a security advisory.

I read about the configuration engine, and that looks like what I am looking for but not too many people know about this product. Can anybody tell me if this can do the things I want/need?

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco CNS Configuration Engine provides a scalable infrastructure for managing the large-scale deployment of Cisco Systems devices. Check out the following link for more information on the Configuration Engine :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps4617/index.html

That's what I read that got me interested in the product. I was hoping for some real world experience with the product to see what it can do.

I appriciate the responce.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: